Lettuce wrap with vegan chicken
– 120 g of Miss Susta vegan chicken
– 40 g vegetable oil (preferably sunflower oil)
– 240 ml ice-cold water
– 200 g carrots, julienne
– 100 g unsalted peanuts
– 6 spring onions
– 1 large head of lettuce or 2 heads of roman lettuce (12 to 16 lettuce leaves)
– 2 tbsp sunflower oil, for frying
For the Ssamjang sauce: (alternative ready-made chili sauce)
– 2 tbsp doejang (Korean soybean paste)
– 1 tbsp gochujang (Korean chili paste)
– ½ tbsp brown sugar
– 2 tbsp sesame oil
– juice of 1 lemon
– Mix the Miss Susta vegan chicken mix with the sunflower oil and cold water to a homogeneous vegan chicken mixture.
– Cut the carrot into julienne (by hand or with the help of a spirelli cutter); alternatively you can buy the carrot pre-cut.
– Heat 2 tbsp of sunflower oil in a large frying pan and fry the vegan chicken mass in 4 to 5 minutes.
– Meanwhile, coarsely chop the peanuts and finely chop the spring onions.
– Add the carrot, chopped peanuts and spring onion and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes on low heat; stir every now and then.
– Meanwhile, put the doenjang, gochujan, sugar, sesame oil and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well. Alternatively you can buy a ready-made Ssamjang sauce.
– Mix the sauce with the vegan chicken mixture and fill the lettuce leaves one by one. These Korean wraps are usually so large that they can be eaten with one or two bites, to avoid wasting the filling.