Spicy real vegan burger
– 120 g of Miss Susta vegan vlees mix
– 40 g vegetable oil
– 240 ml ice-cold water
– 4 wheat rolls
– 4 slices of processed cheese (preferably cheddar)
– 2 large tomatoes
– 1 quarter of a cucumber
– 1 head of lettuce
– 3 tbsp sunflower oil
For the sauce (optional – of course you can also use ready-made sauce):
– 200 g of creme fraiche/sour creme
– 2 tablespoons of spicy chili sauce
– Juice and zest of 1 lime
– Mix the Miss Susta vegan meat mix with the oil and ice-cold water to an even mass and form 4 burgers.
– Cut tomatoes into thin slices.
– Make the sauce by mixing the sour cream, chili sauce, lime juice and zest in a bowl.
– Bake the Miss Susta vegan burgers in 2-3 tbsp of sunflower oil on one side for about 3 minutes. Turn the burger over and place a slice of cheddar cheese on top of the burger; turn the heat a little lower and cook for another 3 minutes.
– Cut the buns open and place 1 or 2 lettuce leaves on the bottom half. Top with a tablespoon of sauce and tomato slices. Place the vegan burgers, a lettuce leaf and the sliced cucumber and another spoonful of sauce and close the bun.
– For stability, stick a bamboo knot skewer in the burger bun.
– Enjoy your meal!