Spicy chicken burger
Main course, 4 servings, preparation time 15 minutes, cooking time 10 minutes
– 120 g of Miss Susta vegan chicken
– 40 g vegetable oil
– 240 ml ice-cold water
– 1 fresh red pepper
– 1 clove of fresh garlic (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
– 1.5 to 2 cm fresh ginger (or 1 tsp ginger powder)
– 4 wheat rolls
– 1 aubergine
– 2 red onions
– 2 large tomatoes
– 1 head of Romaine lettuce
– 20 grams of arugula lettuce
For the sauce (optional – of course you can also use ready-made sauce):
– 200 grams of creme fraiche/sour cream
– 2 tbsp of spicy chili sauce
– Juice and zest of 1 lime
– Mix the Miss Susta vegan chicken mix with the oil and ice-cold water to an even mass.
– Halve the red pepper, remove the seeds and cut into small pieces. Peel the garlic clove and chop finely. Peel the fresh ginger and grate.
– Mix the pepper, ginger and garlic with the Miss Susta vegan chicken mixture
– Cut the aubergine into slices about 1 cm thick; brush the aubergine slices with oil and grill on both sides in a grill pan until nice grill marks are visible.
– Cut tomatoes and red onions into slices and separate the onion rings.
– Make the sauce by mixing the sour cream, the chili sauce, the lime juice and zest in a small bowl.
– Pan fry the Miss Susta vegan chicken burgers in 2-3 tbsp of sunflower oil on one side for about 3 minutes. Turn the burger over and place a slice of cheddar cheese on top of the burger; turn the heat a little lower and cook for another 3 minutes.
– Cut the rolls open and place 1 or 2 lettuce leaves on the bottom half. Top with a tablespoon of sauce and 1 or 2 tomato slices on top. Place the vegan chicken burger patty, grilled eggplant slices and some onion rings on top. Add another spoonful of the sauce and put a handful of arugula lettuce on top.
– Close the bun and enjoy!