Tortilla wraps with vegan meat and vegetables
– 120 g Miss Susta vegan meat mix
– 40 g vegetable oil
– 240 ml ice-cold water
– 4 – 6 large (whole wheat) wraps
– 2 carrots (about 200 grams), julienne
– 1 onion
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 red or yellow pepper
– half zucchini
– 3 blood oranges
– 40 g arugula lettuce
– 200 g sour cream
– Mix the Miss Susta vegan meat mix with the oil and ice-cold water to an even mass.
– Cut the carrots julienne; this is easy with a spirelli cutter. You can otherwise buy the carrots pre-cut.
– Cut the onion, bell pepper and half the zucchini into pieces.
– Wash the blood oranges and grate the skin of 1 orange; keep the orange zest. Peel the grated orange and cut into pieces. Cut the second blood orange into slices, including the peel. Squeeze the third blood orange and keep the juice.
– Mix the orange zest and half of the orange juice with the sour cream.
– Put 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan and fry the onion until translucent, add the chopped bell pepper, zucchini, carrot and garlic. Add the other half of the orange juice and simmer for about 3-4 minutes until the liquid has evaporated.
– Put 2 tbsp vegetable oil in another pan and fry the vegan minced meat for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the pieces of blood orange to the meat.
– Divide the vegan minced meat / orange mixture and the vegetable mixture lengthwise over the wraps. Divide the arugula lettuce over this and roll up the wraps.
– Briefly grill the wraps in a grill pan until a nice grill line appears.
– Cut the wraps in half and serve with a slice of blood orange and some wedges of orange sour cream. Serve the remaining orange cream in a separate bowl for dipping, if desired.