Vegan Chicken nuggets
Snack, about 16 pieces, preparation time 15 minutes, preparation time 5 minutes, fast food
Ingredients vegan chicken nuggets
– 120 g of Miss Susta vegan chicken
– 30 g vegetable oil
– 240 ml ice-cold water
– 40 g flour
– 80 g breadcrumbs
– 1 egg beaten with milk (or for a vegan version, use the liquid from a can of chickpeas)
– 300 ml sunflower oil
– Ketchup or chili sauce for dipping\
Ingredients home made chili sauce
– 5 red peppers
– 200 ml water
– 150 g sugar
– 50 ml vinegar
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1-2 tbsp of cornstarch
– 1 tbsp ginger (fresh – grated)
– pinch of salt
Preparation method chicken nuggets
– Mix the Miss Susta vegan chicken mix with the oil and ice-cold water to an even mass. Divide the mass into 16 portions of about 25 grams, turn them into balls and form nuggets.
– Beat an egg with a dash of milk (for a completely vegan recipe you can also use the liquid from one can of chickpeas); put the flour and breadcrumbs each in a shallow dish, large enough to dust the nuggets each side thoroughly.
– First dust the nugget through the flour and shake off the excess. Now put the nuggets one by one through the egg mixture and immediately afterwards through the breadcrumbs. The nuggets are now ready to bake. You can keep the nuggets in the fridge until baking.
– Put the sunflower oil in the pan and heat to 180 ºC. Fry the nuggets in 2 batches for a few minutes in the hot oil until they have a golden brown colour. After baking, place the nuggets in a bowl with kitchen paper to soak up the excess fat.
– Serve with some chili sauce or ketchup.
Preparation method chili sauce
– Skin the cloves of garlic and cut the chili pepper in half to remove the seeds (if you like spicy, leave them in).
– Put the garlic, chili pepper and ginger in a food processor and grind until fine.
– Add the water, sugar, vinegar and a pinch of salt in a saucepan.
– Add the chili paste and cook over low heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
– Taste the sauce (carefully = hot) and add an extra pepper to taste if you like it a bit spicier.
– First, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with a little water and mix it into the sauce. Stir well with a whisk to prevent lumps and reduce the sauce slightly.
– The sauce should have the thickness of a syrup, because after cooling it will become slightly thicker. If the sauce is too thin, add some extra cornstarch mixed with water.
– Pour the sauce into a glass jar or bottle and allow to cool completely. Enjoy your meal!
Keep the chili sauce closed in a cool dark place. Once open, keep it in the fridge. The chili sauce will keep for a long tim